Friday, January 28, 2011

Color Tower Defense Ver 2.0

I submitted my game to the Scholastic Arts and Writing awards this afternoon. It was really crazy trying to set up the custom icon of the EXE file. It now looks like an awesome robot instead of the pygame python.

Its been awhile since i uploaded my code anywhere so I figured, why not right now.

So to start i will upload the windows EXE file. If you have windows then you can just download and run the game with (hopefully) no issues. :)

I would love to hear feedback on anything you notice, like, hate, whatever.

My plans at this point are to upload an exe, app, and the source. I will then link a bunch of sites to it and I will work on my other game (which I will talk about later) (Im really excited about the idea)

Then I will sit back and get feedback from who ever I can.

all of the work I do on the game will be fixing stuff, making things better, (that is to say that i wont be adding very many new features)

Once I have done enough fixing up and I am satisfied, I will upload a final version of the game and BE DONE!!!!!!

I guess i could talk about why im excited to be done.

So, the only reason I... Well, How about I start like this:
I don't like my tower defense game. And don't take that the wrong way. I like that I made it. And i am very proud of It and all the hard work that I put into it. Its just that I could not see myself sitting down and playing Color Tower Defense for hours on end. I just dont like it that much. Its really cool, and has some unique ideas, but Its just not as much fun to play it as it would be to play other games (like League of Legends)

So, the only reason I am working on it is so that i can have a finished product that I can show to people. It really shows that I was able to accomplish something, and be dedicated to it. Im not making it because I think its fun to play. Its more for being able to have something to actually, have. Sort of like a diploma I would say. Getting the diploma is not what makes you smart. Its everything that leads up to the diploma that does that. The diploma is just a award saying that you learned stuff. Sortof like my game. I will use It to show people what i can do.

So the thing is, my next game, is going to be fun.

thats my main goal. Is to design a game that I would sit down and play for hours at a time.

Not cause I have to.

Just for fun.

Plus its a freaking cool idea.

But I will talk about that later :)

2 comments:

  1. I liked reading your assessment. Getting those completed projects is a nice show of commitment.

    Ideas are a dime a dozen, but finding people that took the initiative to carry a project through to completion is a much more rare find.

    Congrats and the game is fun! Through the first 3 levels that loaded correctly for me anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! Congrats on such a big accomplishment. I can't wait to hear all the details on what's coming next!

    ReplyDelete