Sunday, March 6, 2011

Twisted for Multiplayer Game Development

First off, Twisted is a library that helps you make networking/online software. It can also be used to make multiplayer games.



So...
Im not feeling so good about what i've been able to accomplish lately. I really want to get started on my new multiplayer game but i've been running into so many issues with Twisted.

Its not that Twisted is bad, its just that I don't know how to use it.
I have been doing some research into it and I cant find any examples that use it in games. And it doesn't help that most of my time recently has been spent on school and work.
I think I am going to have to spend a few days to get it working. Its really not something that you can sit down for 20 minutes every day and work on. It takes a lot of time. And it also happens that I cannot work on any other part of my game until the multiplayer is all set up.

Im going to try to get twisted all figured out this week. I REALLY want to understand it.
My plan is to go around to some irc rooms and see if anyone will help me one on one to learn Twisted.

If anyone reading this knows how to use twisted to make games, I could really use your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment