Saturday, February 26, 2011

Making a Tutorial?

Ive been thinking about making some kind of tutorial for Color Tower Defense, Im not sure how it would work, or if it would even be a good idea. But what I have noticed, is that not very many people have played tower defense games before, and if they have, then they played something like one level of Bloons Tower Defense on addictingames.com

So I often find myself telling people how to play the game. And I could just make a tutorial and that would be good enough. But unfortunately, I have no clue how to do that, or if it would even be worth it.

Some ideas were to make some kind of video which can be played in game. It would just show off basic gameplay and have captions of whats going on. I could maybe enable tool tips in game. Like little arrows that point around and say "Click on this button to start a new wave!"

But really, I don't know if this would even be worth the time I would have to put in. So I just don't know.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to modify that for iPhone! I think it could be really popular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a tutorial video could go a long way. You'd put in some time to record and edit and voiceover the video but then it'd sit safely on YouTube (and embedded in the site most likely).

    And a version to match an iOS and/or Android port too!

    ReplyDelete